ABOUT USABOUT_US.htmlABOUT_US.htmlshapeimage_2_link_0
CLIENT LISTCLIENT_LIST.htmlCLIENT_LIST.htmlshapeimage_3_link_0
RESOURCESRESOURCES.htmlRESOURCES.htmlshapeimage_4_link_0
POLICIESPOLICIES.htmlPOLICIES.htmlshapeimage_5_link_0
TREATMENTCONSERVATION_TREATMENT.htmlCONSERVATION_TREATMENT.htmlshapeimage_6_link_0
HOMEHOME.htmlHOME.htmlshapeimage_7_link_0
 

Reproduction of Grain Painted Doors at The Wagner Free Institute of Science, Philadelphia, PA


The Wagner Free Institute of Science was opened to the public in 1865.  The building was constructed to house the natural history collections and library of William Wagner.  HCS fabricated six reproduction doors based on existing doors in the building.  The grain painting was completed by conservator, Brian Baade.  Other doors in the library area needed to have finish work completed so that the color more closely matched the surrounding woodwork in the building.