Reproductions of grain painted doors
The Wagner Free Institute of Science, Philadelphia, PA
The Wagner Free Institute of Science was opened to the public in 1865. The building was constructed to house the natural history collections and library of William Wagner. HCS fabricated six reproduction doors based on existing doors in the building. The grain painting was completed by conservator, Brian Baade. Other doors in the library area needed to have finish work completed so that the color more closely matched the surrounding woodwork in the building.